Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Vitametavegamin

I have been meaning to pop in and remind all my lady friends, particularly the ones who have had their bodies repeatedly harvested for nutrients like I have (by babies, not aliens) to take their vitamins. For a couple of months now I have been very consistently taking mine, specifically B12 and an additional B complex with C, vitamin E, vitamin D, and a Calcium, Magnesium, and Zinc combo. I've read that the last one especially is good for preventing run-downedness in women.

I can report that most signicficantly, some pretty serious and irritating hormonal imblanace, lady-business-cycle type issues have improved drastically. I did not even maim or kill anyone during ovulation this month! Also my skin did not go insane, my cycle did not get (another) two days shorter and generally the whole thing was barely notcible. This after several months of feeling like I was losing my mind on the Hormone Express to hell, and back, and back to hell, and back. You get the picture. Also, my nails are about five times harder and less bendy and splitty than they were.

Thus concludes my highly convincing scientific explanation of the benefits of taking cheap, BOGO Kroger vitamins. Go get you some.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so terribly guilty about forgetting to take vitamins and supplements. I am horribly anemic and I know a lot of my fatigue comes from that and yet I don't take my iron supps. Sigh.

Thanks for the reminder...and your report that it's made a difference for you is incentive.

Melissa said...

I am so terribly guilty about forgetting to take vitamins and supplements. I am horribly anemic and I know a lot of my fatigue comes from that and yet I don't take my iron supps. Sigh.

Thanks for the reminder...and your report that it's made a difference for you is incentive.

Angie McCullagh said...

I agree. It helps me too. Most especially the fingernails. So why have I fallen out of the habit?

Memphisotan said...

I concur! I have been (strongarmed into) regularly taking that exact same vitamin combo, and I've noticed a huge difference in my energy and mood.

Chip said...

I've taken supplements pretty much every day of my life (thanks Bwana-lookit that dude!). You can count me as a believer.